Psychology Sickness: Excessive time-urgency

Posted by on Monday, May 27, 2013

Hey guys. I'm back.
I'm about to start my new semester.
Well the management screw up my whole timetable.
Hate it so much.
For my classmate, how are your holidays?
Still in the holiday mood.
Well I'm in that kind of mood.
Okay. Back to the topic.
Why would I start this topic?
Is my first time writing about psychology stuff.
Wanna you guys to know more a bit about psychology. 
And also because of my girlfriend.


Excessive time-urgency often call hurry sickness.
Is a common behavior for Type-A behavior people.
They tend to engage in self-defeating behaviors and thoughts such as worry about schedules, keep overly tight deadlines, rushing when rushing is not necessary, doing several activities at the same time, and not taking time to enjoy work or play.
They also very tied to the clock and trying to do many things at once.
By doing things too fast or doing too much at one time, you reduce your effectiveness. 



Pushing yourself to meet deadline, to constantly be on time, even when being on time is not necessary would really put a high stress on your mind and body.
These kind of people often have a fear of rejection or not being accepted for who they are.
They live in the future and not in the present.
Seldom notice the roses along the path of life, since their eyes are always on the goal. 



Constantly put themselves under great stress.
They cover their anxiety with a lot of activities.
Whey they stop what they are doing, they feel guilty and, consequently begin the cycle again.

Jessie has this behavior.
Always in a hurry.
Can't enjoy the roses or strawberries along the way.
I do understand this kind of behavior and her situation but kinda stressful sometimes.
Because both of us are a team.
When she is in stress, I'm in stress too.
She rush = I rush.
Couple is always two ways.

There are pros on this kind of behavior.
They make a very powerful leader.
Get things done in time, always focus on their goals, very organize type of person.
Make fast decision, handle well in stressful environment.


It is because I'm opposite of Jessie.
I can make her loose up a bit sometimes.
Advice her on a lot of things.
Let her mind relax.
Make her rest as much as I can.



When I can't make harsh decision, she could do for me.
Help me on recent things.
Wake me up from my day dreams or nightmares.



That makes us a team.
Opposite behavior couple might have a lot of conflict but they can be perfect together.
Cover each other mistakes and flaws.
Pushing each other to the limits.
As well as support each other backs.

Everything got pros and cons.

Sign out,
Jason Chong

Leave a Reply